Okay. I admit it. I think that I have become one of those obsessed teacher types that stays awake on a summer Sunday night Googling (yes, I just used Google as a verb) other teacher blogs in order to get new ideas. As of right now, I am excited to go back to school. Now talk to me in a few months and I might not feel that way.
The summer has been great. Obviously so great I haven't blogged (yes, I just used blog as a verb too) all summer. Plans have changed a little. I have spent some time on the west coast, but I will be returning to NC in August to resume my job. Part of me is very excited. I have always known that growing up southern is a privilege and it was hard to see myself living anywhere else.
I have already spent some money that is nonexistent in my bank account on back to school supplies. I secretly can't wait to get back into my classroom and start planning. I think it's the fact that for the first time in my teaching career I am teaching the same grade in the same school and I feel like I am going to have some handle on what the heck I am actually supposed to be teaching the future of America. This year I want to set up a Blog and have the kids blog once a week about a current event. I feel like these kids know nothing about what is going on in the world around them. Case in point: September 11th. When I asked them why the day was special they had NO CLUE or any clue about the war we are currently in. WHERE are their parents??? I understand trying to protect them from the horrors of the world for a certain extent. But let's be serious. Anyways. Maybe I am being ridiculous like when you break up with a boyfriend and you only remember the good times and completely blank out the bad. Actually I am 100% positive that's what I am doing. Just let me be obsessed because in exactly one month from today, all hell breaks loose for 180 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment