Wednesday, July 27, 2011

final countdown

So I am down to my final days of my road trip to the west. One thing I will for SURE miss about this place is the weather!! I am lovingggg the 65 degree days and 55 degree nights here. The apartment is all cleaned and ready for Cameron's visit. Once she leaves, I will be leaving with her because Wednesday marks the beginning of meetings and back to the real world. I will pick back up tutoring and babysitting the week of the 8th, then its time for teacher workdays! This summer has gone by with lightening speed!!

I have almost completed all of my school summer reading. It was okay. Guiding Readers and Writers by Fountas and Pinnell is an excellent guide to reading and writing in the classroom if you can muddle through all of the words. It reads a lot like my college textbooks which I was disappointed about. However, there are some really great ideas and they give you a step by step guide on how to implement their thought process. I had used it some last year and I was also really pleased to read that I have done a lot of the things they suggest to do! I have kept a journal of ideas and hopefully I will remember them during the school year. It has really clarified things I thought I was so lost on last year. It's too bad in college they don't tell you that you are never done with everything that educating involves!!

On a personal note, I am dangerously addicted to the History International Channel....So nerdy I know. I just can't seem to stop watching! The one about the Presidential Book of Secrets is really good, but I especially love the ones about Atlantis and the Lost Caves in Mexico. Oh well, maybe in my grown up life I will become a historian/teacher/shark scientist. There is always still time for all that right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment